Tazien over at Transcending Borders was sweet enough to nominate me for the Sunshine Award! Thank-you Tazien!
So here we go once again with rules… I think by now you are starting to get how I feel about rules…
- Make sure to post this award on your blog site.
- Nominate 10 fellow bloggers. (It doesn’t have to be 10, just nominate some people who make the sun shine for you)
- Please answer 10 questions. (Or you could just tell us some things about you that we don’t already know)
MY NOMINEES: A handful of wonderful Sunshiney peeps:
1) What inspired you to start blogging?
It all started with an essay contest actually. Blogging was something I had heard of but knew pretty much nothing about. Anyways, I entered a contest – funny I didn’t even make it as a finalist but something inside me stirred and I just knew I had to share the stuff in my head and heart with people… so I started myspokenheart.
Here is the essay that started it all – Sometimes We Just Need to Let Go…
2) How did you come up with the name of your blog?
I was talking with a friend I have known since I was 10 yrs old – grade 5 and after throwing a bunch of lame stuff at her My Spoken Heart just kind of popped out and so I googled it and found that it wasn’t being used and voila
3) What is your favorite blog to read?
There are so many I can’t even begin to narrow it down to 1. Each one with their own voice and style and message… If you see me liking or commenting then in that moment you are my favourite. 🙂
4) Tell me about your dream job?
Uuummm… well not sure if it exists… it would have be creative, and allow me to work from home… there would be music, art and writing involved… I would be on my own schedule, so I can be available for friends and family when they need me… if any of you have any inkling what job this might be please, please tell me!!!
5) Is your glass half full or half empty?
Some days half full, some days half empty, but in general I’m just glad I have a glass to put something in.
6) If you could go for a dream vacation, where would you go?
Dream vacation… where do I start? I would tour the world… Turkey, Greece, The whole Middle East, France, Great Britain, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand – ok you get the picture
7) What food can you absolutely not eat?
Hmmm…. I don’t know… I mean there are foods I don’t like (I don’t like liver – but I like pate, go figure)… but absolutely can’t eat… everything coming to mind are things I have never eaten before but they just seem gross – like brains or tongue or raw sea urchin…
8) Dark chocolate or milk chocolate?
Dark chocolate all the way baby! A nice 70% + chocolate made with real cocoa butter so it melts as soon as it hits your tongue… alongside a hot cup of coffee with just a bit of sugar in it… perfection
9) How much time you spend blogging?
Sometimes too much, sometimes not enough. As much as I need to I suppose, you know to release all the stuff floating around in my brain.
10) Do you watch T.V. if so, what are some of your favorite shows?
I actually don’t watch that much TV – I am more a movie person and even then sitting still for that long just staring is difficult. If I’m at home my brain wanders, and if I get bored… let’s just say there are a lot of movies out there that I have only sort of watched. The big screen is different but I only go see movies that I really want to see at the theatre, cuz I’m cheap and they are expensive…