So over the last few days MySpokenHeart has been recognized by four of my fellow bloggers. Now I am not very good at following the rules with accepting these awards (I’m not even good at accepting them at all), and as I know they are not actually endorsed by wordpress, but rather have been created by bloggers for bloggers I know that we can accept them as we see fit. (Somehow knowing that the awards have created created by bloggers for bloggers kinda makes them feel a little more personal perhaps.)
OK so I am going to list the awards in order by date/time received. Also the three different awards (one there were 2 nominations) all have different rules for acceptance. So here is what I am going to, I am going to kind of combine and adjust the rules. So my combined/adjusted rules look something like this:
- Post logo for award.
- Thank, and link back to the blogger who nominated me for the award.
- I will do 8 nominations in total.
- and I am going to list only 5 things about myself.
Ok so here we go…
Thank you so much Sensousamberville it means a lot to be recognized by you.
Also Miss Jenthewallflower I am so happy that you have found something worthwhile here thank you.
- Nik Silva – He hasn’t been around much recently but I really appreciate and regularly look for his posts when he makes them.
- Wholeyjeans – She is great, I relate to her posts and think she is just beautiful.
- John Mitchell – His stories and writings are fabulous, they are downright gritty and honest.
- Irish Katie – Because she is beautiful and has shared so much, and so kind in her comments with others.
- Faceatthewindow – I think she is just lovely, her posts are honest, and she has so much to offer.
This award is special in that it came from someone I only recently discovered, I am not sure how long she has known about me, but am so glad I found her. Thank you to Combat Babe over at Succexy.
- My Blog with Pretty Pictures – I just love how they have captured the world around them.
- It’s my blog, innit… – He’s funny, insightful, and always worth the read.
Blogger of the Year award (2012)
This one comes from a blogger who has actually become a wonderful friend to me. I thank you Irish Katie, for both the award and for becoming my friend.
- Come November – She is a truly beautiful person. I give her this award because of the courage it takes to share her personal experiences and life with us, and I know she is finding healing through her journey.
OK now 5 things about little ol’ me here at MySpokenHeart:
- For the first time in years I do not have a dog. And I am so thankful. don’t get me wrong it’s not that I don’t like animals but they are a lot of work and responsibility, and I always end up the one doing it all (in spite of the promises from the kids). So maybe later I will look at getting another dog, you know when they kids are all gone and I can give it the attention and love it really needs.
- I hate going to the doctor. to the point where I seem to be more male than female in this department. I am the tough guy, until I am really sick of course. Then I just want someone to baby me and take care of my needs but shhhh don’t tell anybody.
- I am not really a girlie girl. What does that mean? Well it means things like painted nails, high heels and panty hose are for special occasions. I only own a hair dryer because my one of my daughters asked me to get one. I don’t really wear jewelry, you know that kind of stuff.
- I am an introvert. That does not mean I don’t like people, am antisocial or that I am shy. It means I’m not overly comfortable in large crowds. I am actually very social and do really well in one-on-one and small groups. It also means that I need regular alone time to recharge my emotional battery.
- I love touching and reaching people, it makes my life feel worthwhile. It reminds me why it’s important to remember the small things, to be kind (even if I’m having a shitty day), and to always look for silver linings and miracles.
Oh and I just want to say to my dear Panda friend over at Ruleofstupid – I was gonna nominate you but I didn’t want to be the focus of one of your lovely rants! maybe next time… 😉